Follow up from my previous post.
Logitech Z213 is a 2.1 sound system which includes 2 satellites speakers and a subwoofer. This is an entry-level system that delivers quality sound across different usage be it music, movie and gaming.
Back of the subwoofer
Considering the price tag of only SGD39.90, I was very impressed by the rich bass that the subwoofer has delivered while watching music video on YouTube. Unlike other active subwoofer, the sound don’t seem to be too boomy. I guess the down-firing driver has certainly helped in spreading the bass across the room.
Bottom of the subwoofer
The compact size fits nicely on my study table. I can free up more space if I put the subwoofer on the floor but it took me a while to tidy up the wiring behind the table.
Although I like the rich bass that it delivers, the low power output has its limitation and this is more evident while watching your Hollywood action-packed movies. The diffused bass is pretty bad while you turn up the volume.
Wired volume controller
These days we have many entertainment contents stored in our phone. Having Bluetooth in the sound system will a big plus as it saves the hassle of plugging in and out of the 3.5mm plug. You can solve this problem by getting additional Bluetooth adaptor. Still, I believe consumer is very willing to pay additional 10 to 20 bucks just to have Bluetooth integrated with the system.
Cheap and reasonable sound quality that will be best use in room. It is hard to find system with such quality at that kind of price range
Bad bass for movie and gaming given the low power output. No bluetooth and it is cumbersome to plug in and out from the 3.5mm jack if I would like to listen music stored in my phone.
As an entry level system, it is a buy for people who is looking for simplicity that compliment with their home computer.
A quick summary on the specs.
|Satellites (per speaker)
- 2 x 1.5W (RMS) (into 4 ohms, @1kHz, @10% THD)
- 2-inch concave dome driver
- 4W (RMS) (into 4 ohms, @100Hz, @10% THD)
- 4-inch down-firing dome driver
- Integrated bass control
||7W (RMS) / 14W (peak)
|Inputs / Outputs
||3.5mm auxiliary input, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Satellite: 142 x 79 x 76mm
- Subwoofer: 183 x 130 x 193mm
Logitech introduced the Logitech Multimedia Speakers Z213, a new 2.1 multimedia speaker system with two satellite speakers and a dedicated subwoofer. This system is designed with rich bass that brings your music, movies and games to life.
The Logitech Multimedia Speakers Z213 is expected to be available in Singapore in July 2014, for a suggested retail price of SGD$39.90.
Thanks to SPRG for sending in the review unit. Z50 is a light and compact mini speaker that measured 106.5mm (H) X 98.6mm (W) X 98.6mm(D) in dimension and weighs only 260g.
Unlike most other mini speakers, the flowerpot-shaped device has a sound driver facing upwards instead of facing directly to the users. Surprise from this small device, this speaker can deliver loud sound output of upto 10W.
– Compact and portable – Light to carry around and Small enough to put into any bag.
– Attractive price point – Only SGD 24/-
– Quality sound compared to speakers from the similar price range.
– Minimalistic design with 3 different vibrant colours choices – Pink, Grey and Blue (Personally, I like the blue colour)
– Only 3.5mm jack – No other connectivity option.
– Limited power option – only AC power
Buy or not?
For mini speaker designed to be light and affordable, it is not physically possible to have “all the good stuffs”. If you are looking for a speaker that works well with your tablets and laptop in an indoor environment, this is certainly one of the choices that you can consider.
SINGAPORE — Jan. 31, 2012 — Today Logitech (SIX: LOGN) (NASDAQ: LOGI) unveiled the Logitech® Mini Boombox, a compact sound system for music, movies, games and calls that pairs easily with smartphones, tablets and other Bluetooth®-enabled devices.
– Wireless audio for Bluetooth devices
– Charges over USB – Power for up to ten hours**
– Built-in microphone
– Sleek controls: Backlit, touch panel for easy control night or day.
For audio playback:
– iPad 2, iPad, iPhone (3G and later), and iPod touch (2nd generation and later)
– Tablets, smartphones and other devices that support Bluetooth wireless audio profile
[Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)] or 3.5 mm audio output
For phone calls:
– Phones that support Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.5) including iPhone (all generations)
• Dimensions (L x W x H): 115.6 x 71.2 x 58
• Weight: 229 grams
Suggested retail price: S$109