Partnership Enables Brands to Maximise In-app Engagement with BBM Messenger Users in Indonesia
Singapore – July 13, 2017 – Since establishing its publisher relationship with Criteo (NASDAQ: CRTO), the performance marketing technology company, in 2016, Creative Media Works, operating as BBM, has expanded its access to premium brands and high-value advertisers, resulting in significant increases in in-app engagement for brands through BBMMessenger.
BBM is the largest messaging platform in Indonesia and has more than 60 million monthly active users. Since it was created in August 2005, BBM has evolved from a pure messaging application for text and video communications to online social ecosystem unifying chat, social, commerce and services like bill payments, top-ups, vouchers / coupons, games, comics, news, video, shopping, travel, sport, career and polls.
BBM Messenger’s strength lies in its ability to convert app traffic into consumer engagement, thereby enabling eCommerce players with ads within BBM to increase online sales and engagement. BBM leveraged Criteo to accomplish the following:
- Efficiently pinpoint or target specific users within BBM Messenger’s user base, by leveraging The Criteo Engine’s ability to understand each consumer’s online browsing and purchasing behaviour.
- Optimise BBM Messenger’s ad inventory by allowing premium, high-value advertisers to engage more effectively withBBM Messenger users through personalised and brand-appropriate ads delivered in real-time.
“Indonesians spend an average of 5.5 hours a day on apps and the mobile web, with BBM Messenger being one of the top mobile apps when it comes to usage frequency and duration. For brands looking to grow online sales in Indonesia, in-app advertising on BBM Messenger is a massive consumer engagement opportunity. Criteo’s machine learning algorithms intelligently match publishers’ ad inventories with brands’ dynamic ads to achieve the best consumer engagement results. We look forward to continuing to help platforms like BBM Messenger maximise revenue, while helping brands maximise digital ad spending,” said Dushyant Sapre, Regional Director, Global Supply and Business Development, Asia-Pacific, Criteo.
Results from Criteo’s Collaboration with BBM
Since becoming a Criteo publisher, BBM has achieved the following results:
- 50 percent increase in overall click-through rates on the BBM platform
- 50 percent increase in click-through rates for retail-related ads on the BBM platform
- 50 percent increase in BBM’s daily ad revenue
“BBM Messenger works with the best-in-breed partners globally, as part of a continuous effort to provide an enriched user experience, while delivering optimal results to brands and advertisers. The partnership with Criteo gives us access to a robust network of premium and high-value advertisers, while increasing our user engagement and click-through rates. In addition, this collaboration allows both teams to collectively explore various ad formats and methods that work best for brands looking to engage mobile consumers in Indonesia,” said Matthew Talbot, CEO of Creative Media Works, the company that operates and runs BBM globally.
[pdf-embedder url=”https://theneodimension.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/BBM-Publisher-Case-Study-English-Version-13-Jul-2017-Final-1.pdf” title=”BBM – Publisher Case Study – English Version – 13 Jul 2017 – Final”]
On 27 June 2016, Creative Media Works, a division of PT Elang Mahkota Teknologi Tbk. (Emtek, IDX:EMTK) – one of Indonesia’s largest media, content and technology businesses – announced a long term strategic alliance with BlackBerry Limited to accelerate BBM’s consumer research and development in offering new and exciting features, services and content to the global consumer market. As part of this strategy, BBM is making its APIs available to expedite the growth of partners and consumer services such as:
- Content – music and video streaming, games, sports, news, celebrity blogs, horoscopes and more
- Commerce – shopping, gifting and coupons/vouchers
- Online to Offline Commerce – booking movies, travel, health services, real-estate or job postings
- Finance – P2P payments, money transfer, mobile phone re-charge, and utilities billing
Creative Media Works now operates under the BBM banner as a stand-alone consumer focused business with teams operating from Waterloo, Mississauga, Ottawa, Singapore, Jakarta, UAE and South Africa. For more information, visit www.bbm.com.
Also published on Medium.