With BBM, what you share is always yours to control – even once it’s left your phone
Singapore – April 4, 2016 – BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB), a global leader in secure mobile communications, today announced the launch of a new BBM release on iOS®, Android™ and BlackBerry® smartphones. With this new release*, BBM users can now take advantage of enhanced privacy and control features that allow them to take control over the messages and content that they share without any subscription fees.
BBM users can ‘Retract’ their message and pictures from recipients to take them back from their phone if they were sent as a mistake, or if they no longer wish them to be accessible. Plus, by setting a timer, users can control how long contacts can view messages and pictures that have been shared or communicate their location for only as long as they want to.
“Building on the renowned immediacy, reliability and security inherent to BBM, the new release provides unmatched level of privacy and control to BBM users without any subscription fees,” said Matthew Talbot, SVP, BBM at BlackBerry. “Keeping control over the messages and content that they share, BBM users can be ensured that what they share is always theirs to control.”
Additional key features include**:
- Forward messages from one chat to another
- Ability to mute notifications for a multi-person chat on Android
- Scroll through all pictures shared within a 1:1 or multi-person chat on Android
- Choose if users want pictures taken within BBM chats saved to their device
- Video sharing improvements – capture and share larger videos on iOS
- Redesigned chat screen look and feel on iOS
- Multi-select mode to allow multiple messages to be deleted, retracted, or forwarded at once on iOS
- Retract and edit messages in group chats on BlackBerry 10
- Retract chat – retract all sent messages when you end a chat on BlackBerry 10
- Marshmallow (Android 6.0) support
For more information about BBM please visit www.bbm.com.
*It may take 24 hours or more for the update to appear in the app store depending on the mobile platform and region.
**Some features are not available for all devices