HMD Global today announced Nokia 8, the first smartphone to feature ZEISS Optics and Nokia OZO Audio. Powered by the Qualcomm® SnapdragonTM 835 Mobile Platform, Nokia 8 doesn’t compromise on performance, delivering 11 hours of 4K video playback on a single charge
Always Pure Android
Nokia smartphones always offer a pure Android experience, with no unnecessary apps slowing down the performance of your device. And with Nokia 8, pure Android combined with our innovative engineering processes unleashes the full potential of the SnapdragonTM 835 Mobile Platform.
Vivid #Bothie images and videos captured by ZEISS optics
The first smartphone from HMD Global to feature ZEISS optics, Nokia 8 can simultaneously harness its front and rear-facing cameras to seamlessly capture vivid, memorable content using its Dual-Sight feature.
360° spatial surround sound with OZO Audio
Featuring OZO Audio, Nokia 8 combines three microphones with exclusive Nokia acoustic algorithms to capture audio with immersive 360° spatial surround sound. Share your 4K videos with OZO Audio anywhere – binaural codecs enable high fidelity playback even on devices without OZO Audio.
Nokia 8 will be available in four colours: Polished Blue, Polished Copper, Tempered Blue and Steel and will be available at a global average retail price of €599
Technical specifications for Nokia 8
- GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 o WCDMA: 1, 2, 5, 8 o TDS-CDMA: 34, 39
- LTE:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41
- Network speed: LTE Cat. 9, 3CA, 450Mbps DL/50Mbps UL
- Available in single SIM and dual SIM variants
- OS: Android Nougat 7.1.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835 Mobile Platform o MSM8998 (4* 2.45GHz Qualcomm® Kryo™ + 4* 1.8GHz Kryo)
- RAM: 4GB LPPDDR4X in the following colours: polished blue, polished copper, steel, tempered blue
- Storage: 64GBii internal memory with external MicroSD card slot (support up to 256 GB)
- Form factor: Splashproof IP54 touch monoblock with capacitive system keys
- Display: 5.3” IPS LCD QHD 2560 x 1440, 700nts screen brightness, Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5, 2.5D Glass
- Camera with ZEISS optics:
- Primary camera: 13MP (Colour + OIS) + 13MP (Mono), 1.12um, f/2.0, 76.9˚, PDAF, IR range finder, dual tone flash
- Front facing camera: 13MP PDAF, 1.12um, f/2.0, 78.4˚, display flash
- Connectivity & Sensors: Type C, USB3.1 Gen 1 (5Gbps), 3.5mm headphone jack, Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, E-compass, Gyroscope, Fingerprint Sensor, Hall sensor, Barometer, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (MIMO), BT 5.0, GPS/AGPS+GLONASS+BDS, NFC, ANT+
- Battery: Integrated 3090 mAh batteryiii with Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0 (18W, 5V/2.5A, 9V/2A, 12V/1.5A)
- Audio: MP3,M4A, AAC,OGG,WAV,AMR,AWB(AMR-WB),FLAC,MIDI(MID,MIDI,XMF, MXMF,IMY,RTTTL,RTX,OTA)
- Video: MP4, 3GP, 3G2, AVI, MKV, WEBM
- Dimensions: 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9mm (camera bump 0.4mm)
- Weight: 160g
 All specifications, features and other product information provided are subject to change without notice. ii Pre-installed system software and apps use a significant part of memory space. iii Battery has limited recharge cycles and battery capacity reduces over time. Eventually the battery may need to be replaced.
Also published on Medium.