The Best-Selling Gaming Mouse Just Got Better With Customizable RGB Lighting
SINGAPORE — 5 JANUARY 2016 — Logitech (SIX: LOGN) (NASDAQ: LOGI) today announced the introduction of the Logitech® G502 Proteus Spectrum Gaming Mouse. By adding RGB customizable lighting to the Logitech® G502 Proteus Core, the world’s best selling gaming mouse just got even better. The Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum still retains the world’s best DPI sensor, advanced surface and weight tuning, but now gives you even more features to elevate your game and style.
“The G502 Proteus Spectrum has an amazing sensor, and now it’s got customizable lighting as well, said Ujesh Desai, vice president and general manager of gaming at Logitech. “You can also sync it with your other RGB-enabled Logitech G gaming gear to create some really cool effects.”
RGB Customizable Lighting
Match your style and environment by adjusting up to 16.8 million colors and brightness, using Logitech Gaming Software (LGS). Bring your mouse to life with breathing light patterns, or set your lighting to continuously cycle through the color spectrum. The lighting can also be synchronized with Logitech G’s other RGB products.
Accurate and Responsive Optical Sensor
The Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum features Logitech’s most powerful and accurate optical sensor, the PMW3366, for maximum performance and tracking accuracy and the exclusive Logitech G Delta
Zero™ optical sensor technology that increases reliable targeting. The Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum also features a huge DPI range of 200 to 12,000 with zero sensor acceleration, zero smoothing or filtering and zero pixel rounding.
Tunable Balance, Buttons, Surface and Weight
Personal tweaks make all the difference. For a mouse that feels just right for you, adjust the weight and center of balance through the placement of up to five 3.6g weights in the mouse. You can also easily reassign any command or macro to one of the 11 programmable buttons, using LGS.
And for optimal performance, calibrate the sensor against a gaming surface’s physical and reflective characteristics. Surface tuning optimizes the sensor dynamic range to match the properties of the mouse surface, which results in maximum high-speed performance and lower lift-off distance.
The textured rubber grips and a convenient button layout ensure great feel and performance from your first encounter with the mouse. Additionally, the Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum includes individual left and right buttons that provide a rigid and stable platform, resulting in precise, durable and satisfying clicks. Mechanical micro-switches under each button further enhance feel, speed and accuracy. And, a dual-mode hyper-fast scroll wheel offers enhanced click-to-click precision and lightning-fast scrolling for the Web.
Pricing and Availability
The Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum builds on the success of the G502 Proteus Core – the bestselling gaming mouse based on worldwide revenue. The G502 Proteus Spectrum is now available in Singapore, for a retail price of $129.00.
- Accurate and responsive optical sensor: The Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum features a powerful and accurate optical sensor, the PMW3366, for maximum performance and tracking accuracy. Increase your reliable targeting with our exclusive Logitech G Delta Zero™ optical sensor technology. The Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum also features a huge DPI range of 200 to 12,000 with zero sensor acceleration, zero smoothing or filtering, and zero pixel rounding.
- Surface tuning calibration: For optimal performance, calibrate the sensor against a gaming surface’s physical and reflective characteristics. Surface tuning optimizes the sensor dynamic range to match the properties of the mouse surface, which results in maximum high-speed performance and lower lift-off distance.
- Weight and balance tuning: The overall weight, as well as the center of balance of the mouse, can be customized based on the placement and number of a series of small weights. Add up to five 3.6g weights for personalized mass and balance.
- 11 programmable buttons: Great in default mode, but built to adjust to your style, the Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum lets you set up one-button triggers, put push-to-talk in easier reach, temporarily down-shift DPI for sniping, or reassign any command or macro to one of the 11 programmable buttons.
● RGB customizable lighting: Match your style and environment by adjusting the mouse’s lighting with up to 16.8 million colors. Bring your mouse to life with breathing light patterns, or set your lighting to sleep when you aren’t using your system.
- Easy-to-program Logitech Gaming Software: In addition to syncing colors and light patterns with other Logitech G RGB gaming products, use LGS to tune its sensor to match your surface for maximum speed and lower lift-off. Program buttons with custom macros.
- Dual-mode hyper-fast scroll wheel: Logitech’s exclusive dual-mode scroll wheel gives you enhanced click-to-click precision for gaming and blazing scrolling speeds for the Web.
- Comfortable shape: Textured rubber grips and a convenient button layout give you great feel and performance.
- Optional software download works with Windows® 7 and higher
- Powered USB port
- Internet connection and 100MB hard drive space (for optional software download)
- Dimensions (L x W x D): 132 mm x 75 mm x 40 mm
o 168g (mouse plus cable)
o 121 g (mouse only)
- Up to 18g of additional weight tuning