Samsung continues to reinforce its TV leadership in Singapore by signalling a new era of immersive viewing and audio experience
SINGAPORE – 17 April 2015 – Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. today introduced its latest line-up of SUHD TVs, setting a new standard in premium UHD (Ultra High Definition) content to elevate consumers’ viewing experience to new heights.
(Pic above) Gavin Yeong, Head of Product Marketing (TV&AV), Samsung Electronic Singapore is introducing new features of Samsung SUHD TV.
Samsung reserves the “S” identification for its most premium, flagship products that signify a true leap forward in technology. As the leader in the TV industry, Samsung is excited to extend the prestigious “S” identification to its newest premium TV line, the SUHD TV. This roster of new products is designed to excite all senses with sensational picture quality and stylish design.
(Pic above) Sacha Khoh, Samsung Representative, is demonstrating the product features
In addition to the new SUHD TVs, Samsung also launched its latest range of UHD TVs and audio products.
Introducing Unmatched Picture Quality
Samsung SUHD TVs demonstrate groundbreaking advances in colour reproduction, brightness, contrast and detail to deliver a sensational TV viewing experience. They utilise proprietary, eco-friendly nano-crystal technology and include an intelligent SUHD re-mastering picture quality engine.
Furthermore, Samsung’s SUHD TVs use environmentally-friendly technology to deliver high energy efficiency and reliability.
(Pic above) Mirroring your phone screen to TV
Sophisticated and Improved Curved Designs
The newly announced Samsung SUHD TV JS9500 features a chamfer bezel design that adds more depth to the TV screen, and an elegant frame that makes the display look like a piece of art when mounted on the wall. The SUHD TV JS9000 also has a soft, textured shirring design on the rear of the display, giving the TV a premium look and stylish edge when viewed from any angle.
New Smart TV Redefines the Future Entertainment Experience
As of this year, all of Samsung’s Smart TVs, including the new SUHD TVs, will be powered by Tizen – an open-source platform that supports web standards for TV app development. With Tizen, Samsung’s new Smart TV platform not only has a multitude of new features, but also a more intuitive UI, a more integrated entertainment experience, and more ways to access content than ever before.
- The new user interface for Samsung’s Smart Hub is more responsive and playful. It is simplified to just one screen, displaying consumers’ most recent content and tailored recommendations for even more entertainment options.
- With Quick Connect, Samsung Smart TVs automatically recognise selected Samsung smartphones once paired via BLE (Bluetooth® Low Energy) technology. Consumers can share video content from their Samsung smartphone to their Smart TV with the press of a button. Also, users can watch TV through their mobile devices without any apps or complicated pre-settings.
- Samsung Smart TV owners can use the pre-set function to wake up more easily with Briefing on TV. Samsung Smart TVs now act as an alarm and sync up with Samsung mobile devices to turn on and display important information such as the time, weather and consumers’ schedules.
- With all Samsung TVs poised to become Internet of Things devices by 2017, Tizen’s compatibility with other devices establishes Samsung’s Smart TVs as the control centre of any Smart Home.
(Pic above) Showcasing the image quality on SUHD TV
Samsung JS9500 and JS9000 SUHD TV
The Samsung JS9500 SUHD TV is available in 65” model at $7,999 at all authorised Samsung dealers. The 78” model will be available from 1 May 2015 at $17,999. The 88” model will be available in mid May 2015 and pricing details will be available closer to launch.
The Samsung JS9000 SUHD TV is available in 55” and 65” models at $5,499 and $7,499 respectively at all authorised Samsung dealers.
Samsung SUHD TV Limited Period Promotions
SUHD Launch Event Special**
With every purchase of selected Samsung SUHD TVs and Samsung Galaxy S6 edge 4G+ from participating authorised Samsung dealers, consumers are entitled to receive a Complimentary Gift Pack worth $614. The complimentary gift pack consists of:
- Samsung Level On Wireless headphones
- Samsung Level Link (Bluetooth streaming dongle)
- Wireless Charging Pad
SUHD Launch Special for DBS/POSB Cardmembers**
With every purchase of a Samsung SUHD TV from any authorised Samsung dealer, consumers are entitled to a complimentary 28” luggage (worth $200). This applies to DBS/POSB credit and debit cardmembers only, and is only valid with purchase of selected Samsung SUHD TVs via payment by DBS/POSB credit or debit cards.
To view more photos at the launch@Vivocity. Visit https://flic.kr/s/aHsk9F5ANz