Samsung Electronics Singapore announced the latest Galaxy A series smartphones – the Galaxy A5 (2017) and the Galaxy A7 (2017). Offering two screen size options – 5.2-inch for the Galaxy A5 (2017) and 5.7-inch for the Galaxy A7 (2017).
What did you expect from the new Galaxy A 2017 series?
- IP68 -For the first time on the Galaxy A series, the smartphones are equipped with IP68-certified water and dust resistant capabilities, allowing it to withstand elements including rain, sweat, sand and dust. Note: Dust and Water Resistant (IP68 rating) means that the device is protected against entry of solid foreign objects, and harmful ingress of static water at up to 1.5 metres, for up to 30 minutes, under certain defined test conditions.
- Enhanced front-facing and rear camera – Samsung claimed that the new camera is able to execute more stable capturing of images, photos and selfies taken are more vibrant and clear, even in low-light conditions. See below sample photo post on my instagram.
- Enhanced Mobile Payment with Samsung Pay – Similar to the Galaxy A (2016), the Galaxy A (2017 Series) is Samsung Pay compatible and it is also approved NFC-enabled devices for transit use in Singapore. Through the activation of EZ-Link Card via Samsung Pay, users of the Galaxy A (2017) can keep their EZ-Link card at home and pay their travel fare with their phones. To find out more, you might want to read up on EZ-Link NFC Sim
- Compare the specifications of Galaxy A5 and A7 below
Local Pricing and Availability
The Galaxy A5 (2017) and Galaxy A7 (2017) will be available from 21 January 2017 at the recommended retail price of $548 and $648 respectively, inclusive of GST. They will be available in three stylish colours – Black Sky, Gold Sand and Peach Cloud – at local telecommunications operators, major consumer electronics stores, authorised mobile retailers and Samsung Experience Stores.
Anticipating hot demand from the market, Samsung Singapore has announced that pre-order will commerce from 11 Jan 2017 onwards.
Consumers can visit the following Samsung Experience Stores during opening hours to pre-order the Galaxy A5 (2017) and the Galaxy A7 (2017), without contract, by placing a $50 deposit per device:
- Central: 313@Somerset #B2-24/25/26 Tel: 6836 1809, Bugis Junction #01-54 Tel: 6338 7911, Chinatown Point #01-48 Tel: 6222 7911, Great World City #02-39 Tel: 6235 1134, Paragon #B1-27/27A Tel: 6735 5926, VivoCity #02-28/29 Tel: 6376 9150
- East: Bedok Mall #B1-07 Tel: 6785 1118, Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 3 #02-23 Tel : 6241 4125 (Open to transit and departing passengers only), Parkway Parade #03-30F Tel: 6440 7969, Tampines Mall #02-29 Tel: 6782 9575
- North: AMK Hub #B1-37/38 Tel: 6753 6070, Causeway Point #03-12 Tel: 6891 1011, NEX #04-42 Tel: 6636 7392
- West: Jurong Point #B1-09/10 Tel: 6791 2272, Westgate #01-01 Tel: 6369 9175
Pre-order for the Galaxy A5 (2017) and Galaxy A7 (2017) will also be available online at major consumer electronics stores (Best Denki, Challenger/Hachi, Courts, Gain City, Newstead and Harvey Norman) and Lazada Singapore at the following URLs from 12 noon on 11 January 2017:
[pdf-embedder url=”https://theneodimension.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Galaxy_A_Series_2017_Specifications-2.pdf” title=”Galaxy_A_Series_2017_Specifications”]