I am glad to participate in the seminar: Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road? organized by LCI Executive Seminars. Thanks to BLOG2u for informing me of such enriching seminar!
The seminar is about effective communication. David Goldwich is the instructor of this seminar. He has a BA degree in political science with a focus on political communication, organisational theory and psychology. He also has an MBA with a specialization in Business Mgt and Organisation and a JD degree. In the United States, David practiced law for more than 10 years and is also trained as a mediator.As a trainer, David’s specialisation is in communications and presentation, negotiations, creativity and innovation.
The seminar is a whole day event yet David is able to make what seemingly long-hours lesson into one that is filled with laughter and learning values. All of us have enjoyed the seminar. Rest assure, you will discover the secret of effective communication.
Basically, David’s seminar can be summarized into the following:
- Communicate to express, not to impress
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood
- you learn more by listening than by talking
- People do things for their reasons, not yours
- People have two reasons for everything: One that sounds good, and the real one
- People often act based on emotion and justify their actions with reason
- Perception is reality. People see what they want to see, and hear what they want to hear.
- Whoever frames the questions wins
- Make it easy to say “YES”
- People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.
Something in the seminar that is new to me is the Chinese character shown in the below picture.
The ancient Chinese has placed a lot of emphasis on the importance of listening. Very interesting.
Besides using your ears to hear, listen with your heart, watch very carefully for nonverbal signals and treat the speaker like a king. I think this is the most fundamental of effective communication.
If you want to know more about the upcoming event from LCI Seminars, please visit http://www.lciseminars.com/programmes.htm#SES
LCI Executive Seminars
10 Anson Road
#15-14 International Plaza
Tel (65) 63762018
Fax (65) 6376 2260
One Reply to “Why Did The Chicken Cross The Road?”
Hey! While searching for Blogs about online ba degree I found your site id The Chicken Cross The Road? : The Neo Dimension. Thank you for the effort you have put in.